AERIAL INSTRUCTORS COURSE
"I would highly recommend Melissa’s Aerial Yoga Teacher Training Course. Melissa has a very warm and welcoming approach, instilling confidence in your aerial practice from the start. At the same time as giving a thorough understanding of all aspects of aerial yoga, she invites students to explore their own practice and encourages them to learn from each other throughout this wonderful shared experience. Melissa is generous with her time, knowledge and hospitality.
Even if you aren’t intending to teach Aerial Yoga, you are sure to enjoy yourself at the same time as expanding your knowledge. Thank you Melissa 🙏 I loved it!"
Catherine Milne, Ageless Yoga - Surre
Aerial yoga is essentially using a hammock in a wide variety of ways to enhance your Yoga practice. This course will allow Yoga teachers to become proficient at using the hammocks as a prop for their own practice. They will also learn how to safely teach aerial yoga to students in both a private and group setting. Trainees will also learn the history of aerial practices, benefits, risks, safety, set up, class design, and class management. By the end of the course trainees will be equipped with the knowledge needed to teach Aerial yoga.
The course has four main areas of learning:
1. Evolution and Benefits of Aerial Yoga & Health and safety
2. Aerial Asanas
3. Class Design & Class Management
4. Teaching Assessments
Taught by: Melissa Mace
Member of Yoga Alliance Professionals
RYS500hr Yoga Teacher, Pilates teacher, Pilates Institute London 2003, YMCA exercise teacher 1996
Trainees will need to attend min 3 days of training. Upon successful completion of the full course trainees will receive an Aerial Yoga Instructors certificate,
The trainees will have a deeper knowledge of:
the use of props, ropes & yoga walls
The evolution of the aerial yoga hammock
Aerial arts vs aerial asanas
Types of Aerial yoga equipment
Styles of Aerial yoga dynamic vs restorative
Safety during a group class.
Contra-indications and pre-cautions
Knowing when not do Aerial Yoga
Health and Safety
Planning for the level of the group
You will become Proficient at the following:
Prepping students for an aerial class
Explaining pre-cautions and safety in a class situation
Demonstrating aerial asanas
Teaching aerial asanas*
Using Alternatives and modifications for students who need them
Flow and tempo
Staying a step ahead of the group
cost £550 (early bird specials available)
*(You will each get the opportunity to teach a 30 minute aerial yoga class, the other trainees will act as the students)
This course is ideal for Yoga, Pilates Teachers or bodyworkers. It is also recommended but not essential to have some previous experience with either Aerial yoga. Trainees will need to be in good health with no medical conditions which would prevent safe aerial yoga practice.
Evaluations of trainees
The assessment will be ongoing process throughout the course. Support and feedback will be given regularly, to ensure the trainees feel confident and competent and are getting support they need at each module.
- Fri, 12 MayWye Circus12 May 2023, 10:00 – 14 May 2023, 17:00Wye Circus, 7, Fields Yd, Plough Ln, Hereford HR4 0EL, UK
- Mon, 24 AprTwyford Common24 Apr 2023, 11:00 – 25 Apr 2023, 13:30Twyford Common, Lyndhurst Farm, Twyford Common, Hereford HR2 8AD, UK24 Apr 2023, 11:00 – 25 Apr 2023, 13:30Twyford Common, Lyndhurst Farm, Twyford Common, Hereford HR2 8AD, UKHands on Yoga for Yoga teachers! Level up your own practice and gain practical ideas for your teaching. Be guided to work in pairs and help each other with adjustments and stretching. Treat yourself to a chance to be a student again - while enhancing your practice and your teaching.
- Fri, 17 MarHereford17 Mar 2023, 11:00 – 14:45Hereford, 7, Fields Yd, Plough Ln, Hereford HR4 0EL, UK