Teacher Training Info Session
Time & Location
About the Event
Yoga Foundations Course/Teacher training
Have you wondered what we trying to acheive in Yoga?
Do you want to learn more about YOGA and the MIND?
Are you ready to take your practice practice further?
250hr Foundations Teacher Training Course
Taught by: Melissa Mace
Senior teacher & trainer with Yoga Alliance Professionals
RYS 500hr Yoga Teacher
Oaklands International Yoga Centre
Oaklands, New Mill lane, Eversley
Hook, Hampshire, UK
This course will cover the three important pillars of Yoga.
- Pre Yoga
- Asana & Teaching
- Yoga Mindwork.
Each pillar is explained in more detail below.
- Pre Yoga
- This section is preparing the the body and mind for deeper yoga work.
- Using Ayurvedic to support nutrition and cleanse the body of impurities. Chinese systems to improve the flow of energy within the body.
- Learn some Thai Chi to still the mind. We will Study of the Yamas and Niyamas (yogic codes of living) and study Thich Nhat Han’s mindfulness teachings .
2. Asana and Teaching:
- We will go in depth into yoga poses/asana and breath/pranayama..
- This section includes anatomy and physiology as it relates to the asana work.
- You will learn100+ asanas in detail for personal practice and learn teaching skills.
3. Yoga Mind Work
- Yoga’s ancient system is a guide to overcome life challenges.
- Through activities of self-observation we will begin to unravel the sub-conscious mind, and gain more control over our emotions leading to clearer perception, and a more peaceful existence.
- This section prepares the trainee to teach yoga with authenticity.
Course Topics and Outcomes
The course will enable the students to build a deeper knowledge of the following topics:
- Ayurveda, Chinese healing systems & Martial Arts
- Hatha Yoga and The 8 limbs
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Popular styles of Yoga
- Aerial yoga & Yoga wall
- Yoga and the Mind
At the end of the Course, the students will be proficient at the following:
- Teaching Asana
- Yoga Breathing Techniques
- Aerial Yoga
- Using a wide variety of Props
- Teaching Relaxation
Upon completion you will get a Yoga Alliance Profesionals UK Teacher Qualification. You will be qualified to teach Hatha Yoga, including Yoga wall and aerial yoga.
Required attendance: (from Sept 2020-June 2021) Dates TBA
Wednesdays 8am -12 & Saturdays 8am-10am
Also two weekend intensives TBA
Cost: £2600 (£600 deposit and 10 monthly payments of £200)
Open to those with min. 2 years of practicing Yoga
Request more info via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- TT Taster£3£30£0