Yoga & Mind Practice
Time & Location
About the Event
Yoga & Mind work - Further training for Teachers
Course led by- Melissa Mace
Senior teacher & trainer with Yoga Alliance Professionals UK
RYS 500hr Yoga Teacher - Singapore
Certified instructor Pilates Institute -London,
YMCA fitness Instructor- Canada
Teaching 25+ years
"Yoga is a light which once lit will never dim,
the better your practice the brighter your flame.
– B.K.S. Iyengar
This is an advanced 10 month yoga course for those who want to deepen their yoga practice. With regular weekly training you have the time and the support to develop a stronger practice, to absorb the concepts and embody the essence of yoga.
Training sessions will always start with a Yoga class and conclude with theory and discussions.
There will be a focus on Hatha Yoga and the 8 limbs, when you follow this set path and put in the work change happens. You will feel more equanimity, more at ease, more joy, and more accepting of ‘what is’.
This course is a personal growth system, the steps are layed out in the yoga sutras.
With dedication to the practice, unnecessary baggage we carry can drop away, your light will shine brighter…. and you become a guiding light for others.
….Best of all the journey is fun!
This course is recommended for those who:
- Are wanting to learn about Yoga and the mind body connections
- Wanting to better support themselves and others with anxiety, health and peace of mind.
- Want to teach Yoga
- Are wanting to feel more connected to nature, to others and to the universal spirit.
- Are seeking personal or spiritual growth.
At the end of this course you will:
- Be able to teach general and special themed yoga classes: “yoga for anxiety” and “yoga for back care”
- Be equipped with methods to get through life’s challenges with more ease and less anxiety
- Have the tools to better support people with anxiety and stress
- Have a clear understanding of yoga philosophy and Yoga mind work
Accreditation & Certificate
- Upon successful completion you will receive a teaching certificate as a Yoga Instructor.
- This course is Accredited by Yoga Alliance Professionals, once you are registered on this course you have the option to join Yoga Alliance immediately as a trainee.
- Upon successful Graduation of this course you will be automatically eligible to register with YAP as a member.
I have worked in the fitness industry for 25 years. Starting as a fitness class teacher, progressing to PiIates , then Yoga! I am excited to be able to share and guide others on the Yoga journey, it is a life changing experience. Those who might be struggling with lifes challenges, or perhaps want to prepare for the next storm, this course is for you!!!
My yoga classes are influenced by Iyengar, Shadow yoga and Pilates. Classes range from dynamic to restorative, all classes aand lessons are based on traditional Hatha Yoga systems.
Hatha is the umbrella under which most popular Yoga styles of today evolved from. I feel it’s crucial for teachers to study origins of Yoga and experience ancient the original yoga methods such as ayurveda, asana and mind work.
Schedule and dates: - Ongoing
Contact Melissa about Bespoke training schedules
Term-time only (no training month of Dec. & we break up for school hols)
Request more info and apply via email: email@example.com T:07391673007
***This course has met the standards set by Yoga Alliance Professionals so you can feel confident that you will you be taught by experienced, qualified teachers. Once registered your details will be passed on to Yoga Alliance Professionals and you and be invited to join Yoga Alliance Professionals as a trainee member, gain access to free learning and access to purchase insurance. You must let me know if you do not want your details passed on to Yoga Alliance UK.
History and Philosophy
- The course begins with learning about the history, the Philosophy, the 8 limbs of Hatha Yoga, the vedas the sutras and important figure heads of Yoga's past.
- Also in the first months we will look at Ayurveda and discover our doshas and how Ayurvedic practices bring us into balance with our true nature.
- We will do classes to build strength, improve balance and work on flexibility preparing the the body and mind for deeper asana yoga work.
- experiencing different styles of yoga
- You will learn how Ayurvedic principles relate to the yoga practice and tailor a personal practice to your own needs.
- We will touch on how the Chinese systems can be used to improve the flow of prana/energy within the body.
- Develop an understanding of the practice of Mindfulness, and Yogic Breathing techniques
Asana and Teaching
The study of asana is not only about mastering posture.
It’s about using posture to understand and transform yourself.
- We will use the Iyengar system as a focal point in our asana work.
- go in depth into yoga poses/asana and how to use the breath/pranayama..
- use of props and case studies
- injury prevention, safety and contraindications
- anatomy and physiology as it relates to the asana work.
- You will learn 50 traditional poses plus many variations for personal practice and teaching skills.
- learn yogic breathing techniques, mantras and certain mudras
- methodology of yoga teaching and class design
- Look at teaching skills including online teaching
Yoga Mind Work
I have been a seeker and I still am,
but I stopped asking the books and the stars.
I started listening to the teaching of my Soul. – Rumi
- Trainees will learn see life’s challenges in new ways and how to overcome hurdles thrown in your path with more ease.
- Based on the ancient teachings of Bhagavad Gita, and the Sutras of Patanjali
- The subconscious mind and how we can become in touch with our instincts our intuition and improve clarity- you will be guided on how but its up to you if you do the work-no pressure.
- Trainees will be taught techniques and guided and supported.
- This practice leads to more peaceful day to day living, if you do the mind work life challenges become you will make it easier to live your life!
- Through activities of self-observation we will begin to unravel the sub-conscious mind, and gain more control over our emotions leading to clearer perception, and a more peaceful existence.
Structure and Breakdown
The elements of yoga intertwine with each other and as such modules are not always taught in stand alone units.
MODULE 1 - AYURVEDA
Students will learn about the ancient practices and incorporate them to develop a daily practice
MODULE 2 -Hatha and Sutras
Delving deeper into Yoga Sutras covering Hatha Yoga and the 8 limbs of Yoga
MODULE 7 - yoga and the Mind
how the mind works, subconscious programming, how Asana affects the mind. Addressing the kleshas. mindfulness techniques and the stilling of the mind.
students will learn about and begin some practices of pratyahara and gain skills to be able to incorporate this limb into their own classes they teach
For more infor or to apply please email Melissa on firstname.lastname@example.org and send a Text 07391673007